This week's challenge is one that's very close to my ART!
I love experimenting and am terrible at making decisions: so drawing multiple versions of the same thing is something I've become very good at over the years!
The "version the shit out of it technique*" is an integral part of my creative practice and I turn to it whenever I'm in need of a style refresh and/or confidence boost. If I'm ever feeling a bit stuck in a rut, creatively or otherwise, I pick an image to fixate on and then challenge myself to see how many different ways I can interpret and illustrate it.
So, with that in mind, your challenge this week is to draw this gorgeous shot from the latest issue of Caboodle Magazine, in as many ways as you can!
Depending on the time and materials you've got available, you could try:
- Drawing with different materials - pens, pencils, pastels or any combination of the above!
- Drawing the entire picture using one pen/pencil/pastel only
- Drawing with your 'wrong' hand
- Focusing on the key shapes and silhouette - create something a bit abstract
- Drawing in the style of your favourite artist (for me that's usually Picasso or Quentin Blake!)
- Zooming in and focusing on particular features
- Play around with the composition and/or the subject matter - don't be scared of re-positioning and drawing the model in different poses!
READY... SET... DRAW DRAW DRAW!
Here's my 6 pack! Now show me yours...
PS: We're going to be doing this at The Fashion Sketchup in York on Thursday 19th, so look out for lots of fab images on Instagram thereafter! And if you're in the Yorkshire area...