BOO! I can't believe it's nearly the end of Inktober and this is my last spooktacular art challenge!
I spend a lot of time drawing 'beautiful people', so I've really enjoyed drawing some freakier stuff for a change: I hope you have too!
So, on to our final freaky challenge:
I only recently came across Halloween cards in the shops: who knew?! It seems a bit bizarre to make an occasion of it, but I figured if you can't beat 'em - join 'em: and create something a little bit more original than a witch on a stick!
So, this week's challenge is to use your creative magic to transform some blobs of ink into a beautiful and/or beastly little Halloween card for your bestie!
- Take a piece of A4 paper and fold it in half
- Using black ink, paint or a thick black felt pen, draw 3 blobs of black ink on the page
- Draw/ink them really quickly and don't think about how neat or shapely they are: they are supposed to be blobs
- Whilst you're waiting for the ink to dry, ponder at your blobs. What do you see and what could they be? A witch's hat? A monster's belly? A sooty black dog?
- Once the ink is dry, take a fine black pen to transform your blobs into 3 beautiful and/or beastly little beasties.
- Sign, write a message and give it to one of your besties!
NB: If possible, use thick cartridge paper or card, to avoid the ink bleeding through.
I did this 'sketchperiment' earlier in the year and this was the result:
Looking for more creative nonsense to do this Halloween?
Download this £3 activity pack and stage your very own Spooktacular Sketchup!
I had so many ideas for weekly challenges this month that I decided to gather up the surplus and publish this Spooktacular printable pack!
It contains all of this month's weekly challenges, plus 6 brand-new activities that will get you in the mood for Halloween.